Moving to Rosemont
- Median Home Price – $344,100
- Median Rent – $943
- Median Income – $40,275
Chicago, Illinois is a gorgeous place to live and call your home. But how to choose where? There are a lot of suburbs and neighborhoods to choose from, but in this blog we will share with you what the village of Rosemont has to offer and what it is like living in Rosemont. So buckle up and get ready to learn some exciting information about Rosemont.
Rosemont is a village in Cook County, Illinois, Located immediately northwest of Chicago, with around 4,200 residents.
While Rosemont’s land area and population are relatively small among municipalities in the Chicago Metropolitan Area, the village is a major center for commercial activity in the region and is a key component of the Golden Corridor.
Due to its proximity to several interstates, O’Hare International Airport, and downtown Chicago, it has emerged as a significant edge city and entertainment district, with corporate facilities.
💡 Did you know?
The Scott Street subdivision in Rosemont is a gated community, as a result of the 1995 decision by residents. Visitors to the Scott Street subdivision are subject to a visual inspection and questioning by Rosemont Police.
Transportation in Rosemont
Rosemont has a station on the North Central Service, which provides weekday rail service between Antioch and Chicago Union Station.
Rosemont has a station on the Blue Line of the Chicago “L”, which provides direct rail service to O’Hare International Airport and downtown Chicago.
The town is a convenient 20-minute drive away from downtown Chicago.
What does Rosemont have to offer?
You must be asking yourself what it would look like living in Rosemont, and we will show you a little bit better its best features, and why people love living in Rosemont and never want to leave:
Rosemont is positioned between O’Hare International Airport and the rest of the City of Chicago.
Due to its location, much of the village is occupied by large hotels and office buildings.
Most major hotel chains operating in the United States have a presence in Rosemont, including:
- Hilton Hotels Corporation
- InterContinental Hotels Group
and many more….
Rosemont operates several visitor related-forums. Among these are:
- the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center– used for trade shows and gatherings;
- the Rosemont Theater– used for theatrical purposes;
- the Allstate Arena – used for concerts, professional wrestling (three times hosting WrestleMania), Chicago Wolves hockey, and formerly the DePaul Blue Demons basketball program and Chicago SkyWNBA basketball.
The village hosts Midwest FurFest, Exxxotica Expo, and Anime Central annually, among other big name fan conventions.
Emirates airline has its Chicago-area offices in the Columbia Center in Rosemont.
More than 60,000 employees commute to Rosemont daily to work at all kinds of organizations, from small hometown shops to multinational corporate headquarters.
Rosemont is a very safe place for people to live and start a family.
One of the most positive things about rosemont is the safety and education aspect of the town.
All Rosemont public safety employees must live in Rosemont to work for Rosemont so most of the time there is a cop or firefighter on every block in town.
💡 Did you know?
Rosemont is home to Suma1L, a professional esports athlete for Dota 2’s Evil Geniuses team. He was the youngest esports player to earn $1 million in prize money.
Rosemont Elementary School District 78 operates Rosemont Elementary School.
Other area schools include Orchard Place School in Des Plaines, and when it comes to public high schools that serve the village, there are:
- The East Leyden High School
Colleges and Universities
The village’s community college is Triton College.
The Allstate Arena was home to the Chicago Bruisers, an original member of the Arena Football League in 1987.
When the Bruisers advanced to the league championship in 1988, Rosemont hosted ArenaBowl II, as well as an arena football test game in 1987.
- Starting in 2011, the Chicago Bandits women’s National Pro Fastpitch teammoved to Rosemont after playing in Elgin and Lisle in the past.
- Rosemont is home to The Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps, seven-time DCI world champion.
- Since October 2013, the Big Ten Conference’s headquarters have been in the Rosemont Financial District.
- Rosemont is home to the Chicago Dogs, an independent league baseball team.
Places to Visit in Rosemont, IL
- Stop by Parkway Bank Park to try different fun activities – a one-stop destination for live entertainment, dining, nightlife, and family fun.
There are gaming zones including a bowling alley, ice skating, a movie theater, a casino, many bars, and restaurants. Furthermore, free concerts are held every Tuesday and Thursdays, and free yoga and zumba sessions too.
- Catch an event at the Allstate Arena
- Enjoy lavish Broadway musicals at Rosemont Theater
- Check out an exciting game of baseball at the Ballpark
- Take a look at porcelain masterpieces at the Museum of Hummels
Looking for movers in Rosemont?
If you are looking for movers in Rosemont, look no further. We are a professional, reliable and affordable moving company with years of experience and with highly trained movers that will make your move easy and stressless.
Moving to Rosemont? Give us a call today to get a free quote and talk with our sales representatives who will find the best option for your particular moving situation.
Or visit our website : Legit Movers Chicago Talk to you soon!